Shopping for an Oriental rug is a great experience. After all, you will gain a wonderful addition to your home’s interior design. There are several elements to consider when shopping for an Oriental rug.
- Consider the room- Think about the room where the Oriental rug will go. The size and shape of the room will obviously determine the size and shape of the rug. Many homeowners place small pieces of furniture on their rugs to keep them from curling. Consider your current furniture arrangement and how the rug will be situated. The colors and designs found in the furniture, flooring, walls, and window treatments may also lead you to choose one rug over another.
- Demand wool- Purchase an Oriental rug that is made of high-quality wool. The higher the quality of the materials, the better the rug will stand up to the test of time.
- Ask about its age- Do you want to buy an antique rug or a new rug? There are advantages to both, but if you are purchasing an older rug, make sure it is in good shape. Hire a professional to clean your antique | persian | rug to ensure the colors don't fade and that the pile stays in good shape.
- Design and style- Think about the design or pattern you want the rug to feature. Is the rug intended for a formal room or a causal room? Different designs will best suit different decorative styles. Consider bringing a photo of the room with you when shopping to get an idea of how the rug will look.
- Coordinate colors- Choose an oriental rug with colors that will go well with the desired room. Also, be sure you like the rug on its own—you won't love the rug if it features shades of your least favorite colors.
East Bay Oriental Rug Cleaning is your source for professional Oriental rug cleaning and repair. Call us at (925) 231-0918 to schedule cleaning services today.